Preferred Visa Signature Credit Card Identity Theft Assistance Terms & Conditions
What is covered?
Covered costs/expenses under this benefit are:
• Costs to re-file applications for loans, grants, or other credit or debt instruments that were originally rejected by the lender solely on the basis of incorrect information the lender received as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event
• Costs to report a Covered Stolen Identity Event or to amend or correct records with your true name or identity as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event: including costs incurred for notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, costs for long- distance telephone calls, and costs for postage
• Costs for a maximum of four (4) credit reports requested as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event from any entity approved by the Benefit Administrator
• Actual lost wages for your time away from your work premises solely as part of your efforts to amend or rectify records as to your true name or identity as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event
• Reasonable fees for an attorney appointed by the Benefit Administrator and related court fees approved by the Benefit Administrator for suits brought against you by a creditor or collection agency or similar entity acting on behalf of a creditor for nonpayment of goods or services or default on a loan as a result of a Covered Stolen Identity Event
Filing a Personal Identity Theft Claim How do I file a claim?
Immediately call the Benefit Administrator at 1-866-679-5660, or
call collect outside the U.S. at 303-967-1096 when you have reason to believe a Covered Stolen Identity Event has occurred. Provide information including, but not limited to, how, when, and where the Covered Stolen Identity Event occurred. The Benefit Administrator may also require other information or documents about the event.
Once your claim has been verified, under normal circumstances, you will be reimbursed within five (5) business days of receipt and approval of all your required documents.
Identity theft resolution services